Sunday, December 26, 2010

Fat Naked Crayons



A few weeks ago I got myself a Crayola Crayon Maker! I had been looking for one of these for 2 years. They had stopped making them and I asked everyone I knew if they had one, so you can imagine my surprise when I walked in to Target and saw the Crayon Maker! And it was ON SALE!!!! So I tossed it in my cart and took it into my classroom to take all of our old crayon stubs and make them new again. I had my student assistant read all the directions and set it up, purchased the lightbulb and then we put in the crayons and let it rip! You should have seen the reaction of my students. They are 12-14 year olds and they would gather around it as it was melting and ask me about a million questions like:
how does it work?
is it hot?
why does it smell so funny?
why are they all different colors?
may I help peel the papers off the old crayons?
can I pleeeese be the one to pour it?
And the truth is, I was just as excited as they were! The comment that truly cracked me up was when one kid asked, "hey, where is the paper around them?" and another kid replied "Yeah, these crayons are fat and naked", and we all laughed.

No comments:

Gotta click here once a day to vote for me!

Gotta Join Me!

Check Out My Awards!

Visit Top Mommy Blogs To Vote For Me!

Can't Get Enough of This Blog!