Thursday, February 3, 2011

Middle Schoolers and Crooked Spines

Remember the whole scoliosis screening from back in middle school? Today I had to take my class to get theirs. Middle school is apparently a good time to check kids for scoliosis because if they can notice it while they are still growing, it is easier to fix it. Plus, kids carry those HEAVY backpacks which can make the problem worse.
I remember back in middle school having to take the letter about the scoliosis screening to my parents, begging them to write me a note so I would not have to do it, being told no, then forgetting about it until the day of the screening. Where I promptly FREAKED because I had forgotten to wear a swimsuit under my shirt, and was COMPLETELY embarrassed over having to take off my shirt to let the school nurse see my spine. I don't remember what happened after that, so it must not have been as bad as I thought it would be.
Now, my class could not walk in a straight quiet line, even if I paid them a dollar apiece, but on the way to the screening today, they were in a silent, straight albeit VERY slow moving line. When we arrived outside of the screening room, one little girl looked at me with very large eyes and said "my mom said I didn't have to do this". I said "do you have a note?" She said no, so I told her sorry. So, they all went in the room and then I ran up to the office for a few minutes. When I came back to pick them up, they were all standing there laughing, and told me that they didn't even have to take off their shirts. They also said that it felt like a massage and tried to convince me to go get one too!

No comments:

Gotta click here once a day to vote for me!

Gotta Join Me!

Check Out My Awards!

Visit Top Mommy Blogs To Vote For Me!

Can't Get Enough of This Blog!