Sunday, December 30, 2012

Dating

What do you think of online dating? For about 5 years, I have been involved in my church, teaching middle school and raising my daughter the best I can on my own. I thought that I would come across this great guy somewhere in my busy life, and we would date, fall in love and get married. Maybe even have a baby together. Well, it hasn't happened and both my daughter and I would love to have a wonderful man in our life. So, I decided to try a popular dating website in an effort to meet more men, go on some dates and see what happens. Here's some lessons that I have learned (the hard way) so far on my dating adventures.
1) E-mail back and forth a few times tactfully working in your deal breaker questions (kids, religion etc...) then meet up sooner rather than later. You can get a completely different impression of someone spending 15 minutes with them than an entire week of e-mailing or texting back and forth with them.
2) Enlist some help from a friend. I don't understand why so many people have those horrible pictures taken in their bathroom mirrors. Get a friend to take some good, current pictures of you to use on your profile. Also, have that friend read your profile. Have them not only look for spelling or grammar errors, but also that you have described yourself well and are coming across as the awesome person you are! I even let my friend do some matchmaking for me and was impressed with the choices she made. You have to be open minded to different types of people otherwise you'll find yourself repeating the same mistakes you've made in the past.
3) Give people a second chance. Some people are very nervous about dating. If things didn't go terribly wrong on the first date, give the person a chance for a second date. Sometimes chemistry grows with time and when there isn't an instant connection it doesn't mean there can't be one after another date or two.
4) Be honest. If someone isn't right for you, be honest about it- yet kind. No one wants to be led on or waste their time.
5) Be a good date. Be on time, put down your cell phone, look at and listen to them, laugh at their jokes or stories. Remember your manners.

No comments:

Gotta click here once a day to vote for me!

Gotta Join Me!

Check Out My Awards!

Visit Top Mommy Blogs To Vote For Me!

Can't Get Enough of This Blog!