1. My ability to tell a good, funny story.
2. My sense of adventure- usually how I get my good funny stories! When I was very young I would not do anything on my own, but now my motto has become "It will either be a good time or a good story" and I will try out anything!
3. That I am sensitive. I used to hate how often I burst into tears- angry, sad, commercials. Now I know that my tears show how much I care and love, not that I am a silly girl.
4. My big green eyes. When I was younger they leaned more toward hazel, but now they are truly green. I love green eyes!
5. My intelligence. Always learning, always google-ing, always reading. No, it does not make me a nerd- it makes me smart and that is beautiful : )
6. That I am a born teacher. To my daughter and to my students. My daughter is so smart, and since I have raised her alone, I know it is mostly from me- reading to her, pointing out the names of flowers, birds, practicing times tables even over the summer! The other day this guy found a huge alligator snapping turtle and some kids (and of course, me) ran over to check it out and I ended up telling the kids all about it, how they have a little appendage under their tongue to attract fish and then, SNAP!
7. My athletic body. Sure I may not look like a supermodel, or even a plus size model, but I can hike and swim and jog and even think I have some pretty hot legs.
8. I am a great cook. Even if my daughter does not appreciate it AT ALL. I took cooking lessons when I first moved out of my parents house. (I think they were afraid that I was going to starve!) It gave me great confidence. Also, growing up, my mom cooked a family dinner nearly every night and that probably has something to do with my skills as well!
9. I have a green thumb! In the past few years, I have gotten really good at gardening. My garden has given us squash, cilantro, basil, strawberries, tomatoes and eggplant. I have also grown bananas!
10. I am strong. A few months ago I lost my best friend, my buddy, my dad. But my faith hasn't faltered. I have not fallen to pieces. I miss him terribly but I can make it through. I am a single mom. I am a middle school teacher. If I can make it through that, I can survive anything!