Monday, January 14, 2013

Easy onion soup

For my second soup of the new year, I wanted some yummy, salty, cheesy onion soup for my sore, sore throat! I made it using the camping onion recipe with a few small twists. I began by taking 2 sweet onions, peeling the outer layer and hollowing a small hole in the middle with a melon baller. I then filled the hole with a teaspoon of "better than bullion" and a pat of butter. Last, I carefully set the onion in foil and poured chicken broth, and a little white wine over it (about half a cup- not enough to leak out!) Close the foil up tight so it won't leak, and bake in the oven for about 45 minutes at 375 degrees. When the onions were done, (very soft), I poured them into a bowl, cut them into bite size pieces and placed a few slices of Swiss cheese on top. This soup is seriously delicious!

1 comment:

Jimy said...

Onion soup is seriously very delicious but I try out a different recipe from the one you shared. I also add cream to the soup which gives smoothness and enhance its taste.

Gotta click here once a day to vote for me!

Gotta Join Me!

Check Out My Awards!

Visit Top Mommy Blogs To Vote For Me!

Can't Get Enough of This Blog!