Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Spring Cleaning or 2 hrs Sweatin' in the Bathroom

Recently, I have been on a spring cleaning kick and have been slowly working my way through my house (see here).  After cleaning my living room, I decided to tackle the bathroom next.
When I clean a room, I always take two paper bags with me.  On the bags I write a giant "G" and "D" and fill them with either GARBAGE or DONATIONS as I clean.  I began with the medicine chest.  After disposing of all the old lotions, soaps and body sprays, I found some cute containers to hold items such as bandaids, q-tips, and flossers.  
I keep bandaids in that cute metal box!
Since my bathroom has no closet, (nor are there closets anywhere in my house besides the bedrooms) I purchased a tall pantry from Home Depot.  I adjusted the shelving inside of it to hold large bins where I store my towels and sheets.  There was even room on top of the pantry to hold an extra bin of sheets!

I even attached a toilet paper holder and towel rack to the side of the pantry!
I found some great large storage bins at Target to store towels and sheets!
To organize my sink, I placed all extra toiletries underneath of it including a bin of washcloths.  I store a roll of paper towels, spray and lightbulbs under there as well.  I stuck a wire suction cup basket to the wall near the sink to corral my hair dryer, saline solution and to hang my glasses on!
My final organizational touch in my bathroom is a small coat rack.  I especially love this item because it keeps the towels off of the floor and gives me a place to hang my robe or outfit for the day.
Have you started your spring cleaning yet?

No comments:

Gotta click here once a day to vote for me!

Gotta Join Me!

Check Out My Awards!

Visit Top Mommy Blogs To Vote For Me!

Can't Get Enough of This Blog!