Tuesday, March 20, 2012

yoga, stress and loose teeth

Lately I have noticed that if I drop something on the floor and then bend down to pick it up, a strange sound comes out of my mouth that sounds something like "ugh".  I have found a way around it, though, and that is to get a nearby kid to pick up whatever I dropped for me.  I do realize that this sound is a sign that I am not as flexible as I used to be, which has brought me to the decision to take up a yoga class.  
There is a class offered at my local gym that I decided to try out, and since my daughter is too old for their nursery, but too young to stay at home alone, I brought her along.  I figured that we could sit in the back of class and whisper and giggle when someone farts or falls over.  
Even though this class is open to all levels, it is very quiet and a little intense.  The first time we went, my daughter, who has a lot of energy hopped around, and fell all over the place until her loose tooth fell out. I gave her a stern talking to after that- she was lucky the tooth fairy came at all that night!   
I decided to try the class again the next week during which she complained that she was bored the whole time, and that she wanted to go.  Have you ever tried to relax with an 8 year old yapping in your ear that she is bored?  I sat there the whole time trying to breathe and be peaceful, yet wondering if it would be ok to spank my kid in the middle of yoga.  I was so tense by the end of class that it was like I had just sat in Florida traffic for an hour, rather than breathing and stretching.  
Tonight I decided to give the class one last try.  I tried to place our mats in the back corner this time, and was even prepared with two Nintendo DS video games.  Apparently it is indeed possible to get kicked out of yoga class, because after both DSs ran out of batteries, and my daughter had walked around everyone to go to the bathroom or drinks from the water fountain at least 3 times, we were told to keep still and stop distracting the class.  One girl actually got up and walked out.  Do you think it was because of us?!  Thinking next week maybe we will try Zumba!

No comments:

Gotta click here once a day to vote for me!

Gotta Join Me!

Check Out My Awards!

Visit Top Mommy Blogs To Vote For Me!

Can't Get Enough of This Blog!