Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Lent, Chocolate, and Music

Today is Ash Wednesday which marks the beginning of Lent- the 40 days before Easter. Traditionally, Christians go to church on Ash Wednesday, and then give up something for Lent. When I was a little girl, I usually gave up meat on Fridays and candy. For the past few years though, rather than giving up candy or meat, I have tried to do something to get closer to God. Some things I have done in the past were to attend church every week of Lent until Easter, reading the bible for 10 minutes each night, and doing a random act of kindness each day of Lent.  This year, I am planning to do something I have actually already done before- to listen only to Christian music during Lent.  That's right, no rap for 40 days!  What do you plan on doing for Lent?

No comments:

Gotta click here once a day to vote for me!

Gotta Join Me!

Check Out My Awards!

Visit Top Mommy Blogs To Vote For Me!

Can't Get Enough of This Blog!