Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Science Family Night

I hosted my first science family night tonight!  It was totally worth the effort and a great night!  I had my students each complete a science fair project over the past month and I invited them to bring their families in to see all the projects displayed.  I had slips for the kids to fill out with their favorite three projects.  It was great seeing how proud the kids were of their work and to see them show their parents around!  I must share with you that some of my kids barely speak English, and others have learning disabilities, while still others are very, very bright.  They all walked around and carefully judged everyone's work.  Many of them didn't even vote for themselves which was surprising!  Today was one of those days where I just love the fact that I chose to be a teacher.

1 comment:

John at TestSoup said...

Sounds like an awesome way to get students excited about their own education -- and to get their parents involved, which is always one of the most helpful things.

Sometimes people forget that education is a three-legged stool, and that teachers are only one part. Parents and the students themselves are the other parts.

Gotta click here once a day to vote for me!

Gotta Join Me!

Check Out My Awards!

Visit Top Mommy Blogs To Vote For Me!

Can't Get Enough of This Blog!