Monday, November 21, 2011

Thankfulness Part 2

Each day of November, I have been writing down what I am thankful for- counting my blessings.  I said before that when you count your blessings, it helps you to focus on all the great stuff you have instead of noticing all that you do not have.  (You can read the first part of my list here).  I am happy to share the rest of my list with you!


Day 13:  I am thankful for living in Florida- where I can go to the beach up until December, and where I drive by the beautiful water on almost a daily basis.
Day 14:  I am thankful for my big bed.  I love spending an afternoon laying there reading.  I also love when my daughter sneaks in with me during a thunderstorm or after a bad dream.
Day 15:  I am thankful for the cooking lessons that my parents signed me up for before I moved out of their house.  It is thanks to those lessons that I have not starved, my daughter hasn't starved, and I have impressed the occasional date!
Day 16: I am thankful for the library.  Full access to free books, movies, CD's!  We love the library.
Day 17: I am thankful that there are still a few nice guys out there in the world- guys who will open doors, send a text with only a smiley face just to let you know they are thinking of you, and bring you flowers.
Day 18:  I am thankful for my sense of humor that helps me get through lots of tough times and awkward moments.
Day 19:  I am thankful for getting to see the Grand Canyon over the summer.  The beauty and peacefulness of that place has totally stuck with me.
Day 20- I am thankful for my scrapbooks.  I am glad that I have stuck with this scrapbooking thing for all this time and that I have these beautiful memory books to pass on to my daughter.
Day 21- I am thankful for this fabulous country we live in where we are free to worship how we wish, say what we feel and elect our leaders.
Day 22-  Beyond all this, I am thankful for enough food to eat, clothes to wear, money for the bills, and our good health.
I truly wish all my readers a blessed Thanksgiving!

1 comment:

Natalie @ MamaTrack said...

What a wonderful list of things to be thankful for. Hope you have a wonderful Thanksgiving!

Gotta click here once a day to vote for me!

Gotta Join Me!

Check Out My Awards!

Visit Top Mommy Blogs To Vote For Me!

Can't Get Enough of This Blog!