Sunday, October 30, 2011

Halloween, blah

I love Halloween! When I was a kid, I never wore the same costume twice, used to start out my trick or treating fun before it even got dark, and wouldn't stop until people were turning off their lights!  My brother and I used to sit at the table after the big night with our dad looking over our shoulders, sorting our candy out into piles- chocolate, chocolate with nuts, lollypops, gum, etc.  I used to take Halloween candy in my lunch for weeks.  I also used to sneak handfuls of it for breakfast- don't tell my mom.  I actually trick or treated until I was like 16 years old, I think.  Now that I am a mom, the fun is back!  Now I get to drag my kid miles, and then take all the Reece's cups out of her candy bag when she is not looking.  This year, I was excited to be going to a Halloween party at my brother's house.  I wanted to have a really cool costume, so I found the perfect red puffy pirate shirt online.  I counted down the days.  When it finally got here, it was too small, ripped and stunk so bad, I almost gagged- must have come from a real pirate!  I returned it and got a refund, then before I knew it, Halloween was here and I have nothing!  I guess I must be getting old or something because, for the first year ever, I am actually good with that!

1 comment:

Andrea said...

I have a sneaking suspicion you threw something together at the last minute?

Gotta click here once a day to vote for me!

Gotta Join Me!

Check Out My Awards!

Visit Top Mommy Blogs To Vote For Me!

Can't Get Enough of This Blog!