Tuesday, August 23, 2011

First Day of School

Remember when you were a kid preparing for the new school year to start?
 You got your new shoes.
You got your back to school haircut.
You sharpened all of your pencils, organized your new school supplies and put them in your cool new backpack.


You had your picture taken either in front of your classroom or on your front porch.  
The night before school starts, I used to always lay in bed and worry.  Would I make friends?  Would I get lost?  Would my teacher be nice?  Would I make it through the day without embarrassing myself?
 Teachers, as well as kids, go through these same preparations and feelings!  We hope we will get a good class.  We hope the kids (and other teachers) will like us.  We hope to make it through the day without embarrassing ourselves!


This school year was the best I have had yet!  I did not get all nervous, I have a great group of kids and got through the day without embarrassing myself (not that it won't happen at some point in the year!)  It didn't even rain! 
 

What is your best back to school memory?  

2 comments:

Cami said...

Visiting from Wednesday Window :)

I used to really enjoy going back to school..hehe.. :D Yes, I was a dork.

I can't remember a specific favorite memory, though!

<3-Cami from First Day of My Life

Vicky @ Mess For Less said...

Just all the new supplies. I loved having a fresh start and new box of crayons!

I am a new follower from the Wild Wednesday Blog Hop. Would love a follow back at http://messforless.blogspot.com

Vicky

Gotta click here once a day to vote for me!

Gotta Join Me!

Check Out My Awards!

Visit Top Mommy Blogs To Vote For Me!

Can't Get Enough of This Blog!