Monday, August 1, 2011

single girl sunburn

Whenever I go to the beach with my daughter I carefully sunblock her up before she darts into the water and then rolls in the sand (ew!)  Then it is my turn.  Uhh, hello?  Just me standing there... so I get my legs, arms, face sun-blocked, and then at that point I have a choice:
1)  Let wet, sandy 8 year old sunblock me.
2)  Buy the spray sunblock and just kind of shoot it back there.
3)  I did read once about using a spatula to sunblock your own back, but never remember to put one in my beach bag.
So, it seems whichever choice I make, things usually turn out the same- the single girl sunburn!

This is not my back.  If I can't get sunblock back there, how do you expect me to get my camera back there???

2 comments:

Della said...

The continuous spray sunscreens are great. They spray at any angle, and it's pretty easy to spray one's own back :) I've been using them for a few years, as sun protection is a priority for me, as I have Lupus SLE.

tiffany said...

We use continuous spray sunscreens here too, I figure they're my best chance. I learned the hard way however not to spray it and then lay down on the towel - b/c then when you get up to go run around on the beach with your then-three-year-old, you end up with burns that suspiciously look like towel marks. Hmmm....

Gotta click here once a day to vote for me!

Gotta Join Me!

Check Out My Awards!

Visit Top Mommy Blogs To Vote For Me!

Can't Get Enough of This Blog!