Saturday, February 12, 2011

A day at the FAIR!

We survived our day at the fair! We started the day off with a show (and deep fried oreos), then headed to the marine life exhibits (with a cup of Friske french fries- the best!). Next, we headed through the expo hall and looked at all the vendors in there (while snacking on hot buttered corn), then over to make butter, seed necklaces and squeeze our own orange juice in the kids farm area (as we shared a caramel apple dipped in M&M's). Try as we might, we could not find the mashed potatoes on a stick, but we did find Elvis- on stilts. Next we sat in Cracker Country and listened to the band (while munching on fried pork rinds and drinking hot lemonade). Just walking into the fair, the smell of all the different foods are like nothing you have ever smelled before. My dad was happy to get out, and we did well pushing around the wheelchair, as soon as my sister-in-law figured out that to get it over a big bump, you have to turn it around backwards (not get a running start like I tried to do with it!) I told my daughter that she could ride one ride and play one game. The ride she picked was a roller coaster, and I could not believe that she won a huge stuffed animal in the game she chose to play! Oh, and I discovered my new favorite food-on-a-stick, the fried corn, WOW that was yummy! Needless to say, we are all ready for bed and had a great day!

No comments:

Gotta click here once a day to vote for me!

Gotta Join Me!

Check Out My Awards!

Visit Top Mommy Blogs To Vote For Me!

Can't Get Enough of This Blog!