Saturday, February 26, 2011

sleeping over and going with it


Last night was a major milestone for my daughter: her first sleepover! My dad has been battling cancer, and I went to go sit with him last night, and let my girl stay at her godmother's house. She has a teenager who had a few other little friends stay over too. My daughter has stayed there a few other times, but not with other girls there too. First, I let her pack her own bag; in it she put pajamas, clothes, a toothbrush, CD, DS, Magnetix and Oorbeez (because those are the necessities for a sleepover!)


In the car on the way there, my daughter said that she was going to stay up till midnight. "Midnight!" I say. "Well, maybe only 11 o'clock", she tells me. I guess that turned out to be about true, because when they went out for ice cream and then got back, that was about when they got to bed. I gave her a call when I woke up this morning and asked her if she wanted me to come get her and take her to the beach, and that is where things got interesting. She said, "No, we are going to the mall, you can come get me around 6 tonight". (MALL?! TONIGHT?!) When I asked her if she was sure she wanted to stay all day, because tomorrow she will be at her dad's house all day, she replied "Mom, just go with it". UGH!

1 comment:

Lost and Wandering said...

Too funny. I can just picture her saying that.

Gotta click here once a day to vote for me!

Gotta Join Me!

Check Out My Awards!

Visit Top Mommy Blogs To Vote For Me!

Can't Get Enough of This Blog!