Wednesday, March 23, 2011

crickets, cars and defoliation

Every time we go visit my parents house lately, my daughter has been finding these little baby crickets. She catches them and puts them in this "bug box" she has, then she lets them go before we leave to come home. Or so I thought. I realized the last time we visited, when we were halfway home, that she had 3 of them in her hand. (I figured it out when they started hopping around in the backseat of the car and she was yelling, "Drive faster, mommy!") I explained to her that the crickets might die if she brings them to our house, and that they would miss their little cricket home and cricket family. Plus, they could get car sick on the way home in the car. I thought she paid attention and cared for the well-being of the crickets. But no. This time she brought back 4 of them. And let them go in our garden. I just know that when I wake up in the morning, my new plants I just put in will be defoliated, UGH!

1 comment:

Little Sprinkles Of Fun said...

I was laughing so hard reading this post! Too funny and very cute! Gotta love kids! :)

Gotta click here once a day to vote for me!

Gotta Join Me!

Check Out My Awards!

Visit Top Mommy Blogs To Vote For Me!

Can't Get Enough of This Blog!