Sunday, March 27, 2011

to do lists and car tires

Like everyone else, I always have so much to do.  Sometimes it is hard to keep up with it all!  Usually I take care of one errand every day before or after work, but lately it has been wearing me out not getting home until late, or doing too much before I go in.  This weekend I decided to make a to-do list of all the little things that I needed to do, and knock it all out in one day.  That way I can just go straight home from work this week without having to stop off anywhere.  So, I packed up my daughter and her DS in the car, and we started off strong, heading out about 9:30 dropping items off at the church yard sale, returning overdue library books, stopping at one pet store to exchange a recalled aquarium heater, and another one for more coral for our tank.  Then we hit a roadblock- the car place.  I had never been there before and had some great coupons, but they were slammed.  It sucked about an hour and a half out of our day, wore us out, and added another 2 items to the list!  Apparently, when you get new tires, you should get an alignment as well.  I could barely afford the Z rated tires I got last spring, so I declined the alignment.  Apparently it would have paid off, because I ruined 1 front tire and the other one isn't looking so good either!  So, here is the moral to my story: Don't bother trying to accomplish all of your errands in one day, more errands will only arise, so pace yourself.  Oh, and rotate your tires every other oil change!

1 comment:

Tari Ledsome said...

You were right about not taking care of all your errands in one day. That might have only made things more complicated. You know what they say, "Great things are not done by impulse." Take it slow, breathe a little since there's always going to be tomorrow. =) Anyway, rotating your car tires during oil change matters a lot! It's an effective maintenance tip for tires.

Gotta click here once a day to vote for me!

Gotta Join Me!

Check Out My Awards!

Visit Top Mommy Blogs To Vote For Me!

Can't Get Enough of This Blog!