Sunday, March 13, 2011

what happens when you try to do to much


My daughter's birthday was today. Which means that last night I was running around like a maniac and trying to do a million things at once. I even took off of work on Friday and spent time getting the party favors prepared and the presents wrapped. But somehow I was still running ar0und at the last minute last night. I finished packing up the car with everything to bring to the party in the morning and (finally) had come upstairs to get ready for bed. I was brushing my teeth when I realized I hadn't taken my allergy pills for 2 days. I figured that by the time I finished brushing, my mind would be on to something else and I would forget the darn pill (again!) so I ran down the steps real fast to get it with my toothbrush still in my mouth- and that is where it all went into sloooww mootioonn. I slipped down about 4 steps and just couldn't manage to catch myself, what with the toothbrush in my mouth and all, and slid into a heap at the bottom of the steps. I laid there for a minute thinking that I might have killed myself but then I realized how badly my butt hurt and realized I was probably still alive. So, this is why people buy those "help I've fallen and I can't get up"- LifeAlert necklace things, I was thinking to myself. My daughter did not even get out of bed to check on me. I said, with tears in my voice, "mommy fell" and she yelled down to me "oh, OK". So much for sympathy around here. And you would not believe the bruise on my butt! But at least I remembered to take that darn allergy pill!

No comments:

Gotta click here once a day to vote for me!

Gotta Join Me!

Check Out My Awards!

Visit Top Mommy Blogs To Vote For Me!

Can't Get Enough of This Blog!