Thursday, March 31, 2011

single, married and in between

I read an article the other day about a lady whose husband worked all the time starting up a restaurant, and she stayed at home and pretty much raised the kids on her own for a few months.  She called herself a "single married mom".  Lately, I have seen this term popping up all over the place.  And I have a problem with it.  First, if you have a husband, you are NOT single.  You have someone who is with you through thick and thin, who you can talk to when things are challenging, even if it is only on the phone.  You have someone who has your back, both financially and emotionally.  Really, I am flattered that now even the married moms want to call themselves single, but stop being disrespectful to your husband and call yourself what you are, married.  Because until you have actually been a single mom, you would not understand.

No comments:

Gotta click here once a day to vote for me!

Gotta Join Me!

Check Out My Awards!

Visit Top Mommy Blogs To Vote For Me!

Can't Get Enough of This Blog!