Monday, June 13, 2011

The Art of Packing

Packing is a mystery to me!
I think that there are two kinds of people in the world; those who can pack, and those who cannot.
I wish I could be one of those people who can either just throw everything in a suitcase and go, OR  one of those people who are able to have everything neatly arranged in the suitcase with nothing missing, but sadly, I am neither.
When I am packing, the first thing I do is to start putting things into the suitcase.  Then, I usually realize that about half of the things I want to take with me are in the dirty clothes baskets and have to stop and wash clothes (surf internet, facebook, etc...) dry the clothes (check twitter, blog, etc...) and then finally fold the clothes (take nap, read book).  I then pick up where I left off, throwing outfits into the suitcase.  Next I look at the mountain of clothes and decide that I could never get the mountain of clothes in there to zip shut.  So, next I purge.  I go through and take about half of it back out again.   
 When I finally think I have it all together and we get where I am going I always realize two things: 1) I have forgotten something important- like a phone or camera charger or underwear (maybe aliens came and took it back out of the suitcase while I was "doing laundry".  2) I only need to reach inside to take one thing out and the suitcase becomes a giant mess again.  What happened to my neatly folded clothes?!  It's a mystery!
This solves the mystery of why my luggage is always so heavy!!!

1 comment:

Monika said...

Just catching up on the blog hop blogs and I wanted to say hi! I will follow you as well. We also have a Facebook fan page at http://www.facebook.com/aiasdotca that you should check out! We always like and follow back, just leave us a note <3 (Forgive me if you've already added me).

Monika @ Aias Dot Ca
Blog: http://www.aias.ca
Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/aiasdotca
Twitter: http://twitter.com/#!/aiasdotca

Gotta click here once a day to vote for me!

Gotta Join Me!

Check Out My Awards!

Visit Top Mommy Blogs To Vote For Me!

Can't Get Enough of This Blog!