Monday, July 18, 2011

Lovin the Library

My library has a limit of 50 items that can be checked out at a time.  I know that seems like a lot of items, but when I check out a few books, magazines and videos and my daughter checks out a bunch of books and videos, well, let's just say that we are constantly up to our limit.  We are big lovers of our local library!  About a week ago I decided that it was time to get my daughter her own library card.  We went to the good library further from our house (that is not always wiped out of children's books and has a park to play in) to get the card.  She even got to check out her own items.  Next we went to the craft section of Walmart and bought a large blank canvas bag for her to decorate herself to hold her library books in.  She used puff paint to write the word "READ" on the bag and we attached her card to the handle.  It turned out very cute and she feels extra special when we walk into the library now! 
My daughter's puffy paint library bag!

I am a little jealous of my daughter's cute bag and want a special bag too.  
I loved this bag I spied on pinterest and am thinking about making it for myself!  What do you think?
Bag I want to make for me!

8 comments:

Lost and Wandering said...

Awesome!

Grandma Bonnie said...

I love the bag. I always fill my bag every visit to the library. I can never get enough books.
New follower from Tiggerific Tuesday. Hope you follow back.
http://grandmabonniescloset.blogspot.com/

Kiddothings said...

Love that bag. Nice!

Lindsay said...

I just started taking my son to the library and he loves it. cute bags!

new follower from the blog hop.

http://amommyslifestyle.blogspot.com

Posh said...

Hi.
Stopping by from the Tuesday Hop to say hello.
Have a great day!
POSH!
http://poshonabudget.com/2011/07/tuesday-friends-and-deals-hops.html

Unknown said...

I love the library! Very cute bag, I would definitely make one! You can buy iron on letters almost anywhere! Visiting and following via Tiggerific Hop...hop over to my blog and follow back if you like... http://mom4realky.blogspot.com

Jessica K

Little City Farm said...

Love that bag - hilarious.

Anonymous said...

that bag is hilarious! You definitely need to make that!! Also, I think my library's limit is 20 or 25 with a 2 dvd limit :) So 50 seems like a million to me! :) Thank you so much for linking up to Handmade Tuesdays @ Ladybug Blessings! www.ladybug-blessings.com

Gotta click here once a day to vote for me!

Gotta Join Me!

Check Out My Awards!

Visit Top Mommy Blogs To Vote For Me!

Can't Get Enough of This Blog!