Friday, July 1, 2011

Curtain deja vu

Since I am a teacher and single mom, the months of April, May and June are usually focused on simply surviving end of the year testing, exams, and the end of the school year in one piece!  That said, I have all kinds of projects that I have been working on around my house, and that I have planned to tackle this summer.  

Over two months ago, I purchased some curtains for my front windows.  I had icky blinds up there that had discolored, and that I didn't care for too much that came with the house.  I pried and tugged at those things and could not get them down, so I ended up just hanging the curtains over top of them.  I don't think you can tell and I absolutely love the way the room looks now.  
I finished organizing my pantry yesterday, finally hung the curtains up this morning, and moved on out to the garage, which is my next project.  It was nice because it was rainy all day long, and not 100 degrees for once, so I would work for a few hours, then take a little break, then work some more.  When I was taking a break, I was admiring the new curtains and all of a sudden it hit me like a bolt of lightning-
No wonder I like them so much, they are almost exactly the same as my bedroom curtains!!!  The crazy thing is that I bought them at two different stores years, and I bought the bedroom curtains a few years ago!  I guess it is best to go with what you know, whether consciously or subconsciously!

2 comments:

SJ @ Homemaker On A Dime said...

Hi, there! Belated Happy 4th of July :) Thanks for the sweet comment in my blog. Btw, I'm admiring all your creative posts here. Can you please share them at the Creative Bloggers' Party & Hop? Hope to see you there at the party :)

Anonymous said...

get backlinks seo article backlinks 1000 backlinks

Gotta click here once a day to vote for me!

Gotta Join Me!

Check Out My Awards!

Visit Top Mommy Blogs To Vote For Me!

Can't Get Enough of This Blog!