Friday, July 8, 2011

5 Question Friday and Fill In Friday!


1. Do you think cursive writing is overrated? (Schools in Indiana have now voted to take teaching cursive writing out of their curriculum.)
With all of the preparation for standardized tests that schools are doing, some are not teaching cursive anymore.  Think about it, how often do you write in cursive?  I think typing is a more important skill to be taught.
2. Do you still use a pocket calendar or notepad or do you keep your info on your smart phone?
I use the calendar on my phone.  I love it!
3. What 3 things would you save if your house was burning down? (family & pets are already safe)
My scrapbooks, my daughter's bear blanket (she would be a mess without it!) and I guess my phone.  As long as the pets and my daughter were out, though, I really wouldn't need anything.
4. Country Mouse or City Mouse, err Person?
More of a country mouse person!  Or a small town on the water kind of gal.

5. If you could pick ANY reality show to go on, which would you pick?
I would love to go on Survivor.  My dad and I used to talk about signing up as a father, daughter team for that or the Amazing Race.  If not that, I would love to be on one of those design shows where they come re-decorate your house!

1- When I was younger, I used to _be pretty shy!
2- I always start my day with a yummy cup of coffee!
3 – When I get some time alone I like to __lay in bed and read, scrapbook, blog, or watch reality TV_____
4  – I think __basing teacher pay on kid's test scores_____ is ridiculous!






 

2 comments:

Kiddothings said...

Hello! Visiting from four fill in. I didn't know about #4 and yeah that would be ridiculous!

Hilary said...

Thanks for joinging my fill in hop! I used to be shy too...

Gotta click here once a day to vote for me!

Gotta Join Me!

Check Out My Awards!

Visit Top Mommy Blogs To Vote For Me!

Can't Get Enough of This Blog!