Wednesday, April 20, 2011

the day they have been waiting for!

Remember when you were in middle school and you (finally!) got to hear the birds and the bees human growth and development talk?!  Well, I don't.  It must have been just that bad for me!

Today, I had my students begin by reading the information in the textbook and writing down 10 facts they learned on a piece of paper.  I also had them write down any further questions they were wondering about on a separate paper which I collected from them, and oh my did they have all kinds of great questions saved up special for me!  Here are the top 8:

What happens to the umbilical cord after it is cut off?
Can a man have a baby?
How could a woman know if she is pregnant?
How can a twins fit in there?! 
Can twins be connected?
After you have a baby, do you still stay a little fat?
Do I HAVE to have a baby if I am a girl?
And (my favorite)  How many baby teeth do you loose? 

I am looking forward to what they will throw at me tomorrow when I read them a cute book about hormones, display some fancy diagrams on periods, and show the famous "Feeling Good About Growing Up" movie.  Man, am I looking forward to Easter break!

No comments:

Gotta click here once a day to vote for me!

Gotta Join Me!

Check Out My Awards!

Visit Top Mommy Blogs To Vote For Me!

Can't Get Enough of This Blog!