Wednesday, April 20, 2011

my dirty little secret

I have a secret to share with you.  It is the secret of how I manage to keep it all together as a single mom and middle school teacher who is always, always, always on the go.  Are you ready?  I have a house keeper.  Yes, I do.  You may think it is expensive or extravagant, but I would eat ramen noodle soup every night if I had to, to be able to afford to keep her.  She takes great care of us!  She helps me catch up on laundry, dishes, cleans the bathrooms and floors and even helps in the yard sometimes.  She always moves knick-knacks around, or hangs things up that I never thought of, or didn't get around to.  My daughter follows her around and helps her, and she fixes all the stuffed animals and babies on her bed just so!  Having my house keeper allows me to come home to a tidy house where I can make dinner and hang out with my daughter, without having to worry about sitting in a big mess or cleaning up after a long stressful day teaching teenagers.  And more time with my daughter is worth every penny to me.

1 comment:

Jenna said...

i have gone through periods where I have had a housekeeper once a week, and i loved every minute.

Gotta click here once a day to vote for me!

Gotta Join Me!

Check Out My Awards!

Visit Top Mommy Blogs To Vote For Me!

Can't Get Enough of This Blog!