Monday, April 11, 2011

kindness and fairy godmothers

In my lifetime, many people have been kind to me in many ways, however, one time stands out in my mind more than any other.  I had been sick with the swine flu (before it became an epidemic!), was mentally and physically exhausted.  My poor child just wanted someone to play with her, and I could barely get out of bed.  My best friend called to check on me- I must have sounded pathetic, because one hour later Auntie H waltzed into my house like some sort of fairy godmother!  She plopped down a box of Disney videos and McDonald's toys for my daughter, cleaned up my disaster of a house, even made me get out of bed to change the sheets, put some food and Gatorade in the fridge, and left.  She is the sort of person who doesn't just say "oh, how are you, do you need anything", but just shows up and takes care of business, because sometimes you don't know what you need until someone wonderful shows up and brings it to you!
-prompt courtesy of one minute bloggers

No comments:

Gotta click here once a day to vote for me!

Gotta Join Me!

Check Out My Awards!

Visit Top Mommy Blogs To Vote For Me!

Can't Get Enough of This Blog!